Monday 13 July 2015

On the off chance



At this very moment in time I am reading Howards End is on the Landing by Susan Hill A year of reading at home.

What drew me to this book was the fact that is written by one of my favourite authors being of course Susan Hill I have read a few of her books before a have enjoyed then very much indeed and would recommending give her books a try.

This book though is kind of like a autobiography about a year in here live where she reads only books that are in her house and takes you on a journey of all the book related things she has got up to in her life. She also tells you a bit about each book and what meaning it has for her and the connection to the authors she has.

I have very much enjoyed reading this book so far, I am hoping to finish it soon. Some how Susan Hill has made me want to read more classic books find authors and books that have either been forgotten about or on the verge of being forgotten. It has shown me a love of books and things I never knew I had or made them stronger. It is also interesting to find out what she reads and  how she organises her books and what meaning and stories are behind them

I have not seen many, if any books written like this an auto biography about a writers book collection and the books she has never read or started but never finished. I am so glad I found this by chance and bought it. It makes me smile just thinking about it, which can't be a bad thing now can it


Best Wishes and until next time keep reading

Stacey the bookworm


 

No comments:

Post a Comment